Britannia Building Society was first formed in 1856 as the Leek and Moorlands Permanent building Society.
In 1975 after a merger with the Oldbury Building Society the name was changed to Britannia Building Society.
On 29th April 2009 Britannia members voted to merge with Co-operative Group
subject to FSA approval the merger will complete on the 1st August 2009.
Britannia Building Society
Tel 01538 399399
Britannia Building Society until the merger completes is the 2nd largest Building Society in the UK with 2.88 million
members and 4,700 members of staff.